Monday, November 14, 2011

Re : Sats

This is a reply post to Damien's blog http://gotburgers.blogspot.com/2011/10/re-sats.html

He says that
when I entered high school all I really had in my mind was that Iwould go through the motion as I always did and then go to the college of mychoice.

With a brother like mine, I expected to be so much like him. Except, I was so far from it. I had such high expectations for myself. I expected high school to be a breeze without any effort being put into it. With that mindset, I think that's what got me into this pickle after all.

Not really caring for math, I just did it. I never memorized it, I just did it. I expected it to be easy, that I didn't even need to do the homework. And now? I'm like failing math. I don't understand much, all I do is sleep in class. And reality hit, that's why I decided to take the AP classes I'm now taking. It's still pretty hard. But i have the same mindset.

And as far as SAT's go. I never studied the first time. Reality slapped me again with a low ass SAT score. Sigh. I studied a little, and my higher attempts helped boost my ego. Even though I had higher hopes and higher scores in mind. Education now sucks. It's all paved for the smart and the wealthy. Whatever happened to all the common people? The average Joes who just want a good life? I hate it how happiness = money. To all those people who say money can't buy happyness? So wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment