Wednesday, September 28, 2011

(FREE) Bay Farm Islanders!

Calling all bay farm island residents! Since we are all in our little bubbles of technology, does anyone really care about what happens to our land? In summary, Ron Cowan wants to swap our beautiful golf course that commemorates Chuck Corcia into houses.

Although I haven’t lived in bay farm all my life, and although I do not have the power to vote, for those of us who are 18? I strongly advise you vote against this! More residents in bay farm calls for more traffic on our tiny bay farm bridge as well as more smog into our clean bay farm air! As if the traffic in the morning isn’t already hectic.

Its not that I don’t want to share our little suburban utopia, but that I want to take care of it. Although people do not view this as an immediate threat, Mr. Ron Cowan, who has a street named after him in Bay Farm, has his eyes also set on the north loop, or the more industrial side of Bay Farm. And he wants to build more homes, anywhere he can on Bay Farm. I don’t usually follow with the up and coming news and propositions, but when it’s something like building homes in a very very local community, my ears are wide open. And I strongly disagree with Mr. Cowan. But maybe that’s just my thoughts as a teenager that lives in the neighborhood. Either way, I’m not the only one who feels strongly against this land swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment